Litigation other than amicus
- NIMJ v. Department of Defense, 404 F. Supp. 2d 325 (D.C.D.C. 2005), 512 F.3d 677 (D.C.Cir. 2008), petition for certiorari denied 555 U.S. 1084 (2008). A FOIA law suit.
- Eugene R. Fidell, Military Justice Instruction in Civilian Law Schools, 60 J. LEGAL EDU. 473 (2011).
- NIMJ Deskbook--a compendium of NIMJ's work between 1991 and 1999 (searchable)
- 2006 NIMJ Annual Report
- Military Justice Gazette (1991-2002) (searchable ) (Note, we are in the processing of digitizing the Gazette.)
- Director and Former President of NIMJ Gene Fidell talks about "Military Justice at a Turning Point (Life In The Law)" here.
- Eugene R. Fidell, Is There a Crisis in Military Appellate Justice. 12 ROGER WILLIAMS UNIV. L. REV 820 (2007).
Hearings and related testimony
- Testimony (written) of NIMJ Director Gene Fidell, to the Senate Subcommittee on Personnel, Senate Committee on the Armed Services, March 2021. Transcript of the whole hearing.
- Testimony (written) of Don Christensen, to the Senate Subcommittee on Personnel, Senate Committee on the Armed Services, March 2021.
International items of interest
- Hon. Morris J. Fish, C.C., Q.C., Report of the Third Independent Review Authority to the Minister of (Canadian) National Defence. 30 April 2021.
- Hon. Marie Deschamps, C.C. Ad.E., External Review into Sexual Misconduct and Sexual Harassment in the Canadian Armed Forces. 27 March 2015.
- Report of the Second Independent Review Authority to, The Honourable Peter G. MacKay Minister of National Defence
The Honourable Patrick J. LeSage, C.M., O.Ont., Q.C. December 2011.
- Draft Principles Governing the Administration of Justice Through Military Tribunals, U.N. Doc. E/CN.4/2006/58 at 4 (2006).